Sunday, April 12, 2009

tough workouts

This weekend's workouts were tough--today in particular.  I'm not a fan of Levi Leipheimer, but a couple of things he mentioned in ROAD really sank in.  "the body follows the mind" and "relax" to be specific.  Your mind can push your body too far.  You can think that you are better than you really are, stronger, etc.  That can be good and bad. Today, I used my mind to keep me strong and keep the pain below.  While pushing away the pain, relaxing as much as I could helped to keep my mind focused. 

The reality of it all is that I'm still a long way off from where I want to be.  It's a long process.  I've got a lot more to learn....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether good or bad, Thank you for your comment. Any advice or tips you can give would be greatly appreciated.