Monday, May 25, 2009

6th @ NC Championships

Ended up in 6th today.   I took 4th in the field sprint.  Today, the best I could have done was 3rd.  Two guys took flyers and were able to stay away.  With 5 to go, I was tired, so I decided to wait and make my move up with 3 to go. It was attack after attack and all about closing gaps and keeping a good wheel.  I simply chose the wrong wheel, a gap opened up and I had to make a big effort to move up.  At that point, I was happy sitting in where I was and had NO idea that the two had gone away.  When I crossed the line, I thought I’d gotten 4th!!  It was a bit of a surprise that I’d gotten 6th, but I’m happy with that position.  That’s the spot I deserved today and cheers to everyone else.  It was a good battle for sure.

The only thing I could have done better was to draft a little better and spend less time peddling.   Luck is the biggest variable and there is nothing I can do about that.

Cheers to the world champion for giving me tips on the course.

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether good or bad, Thank you for your comment. Any advice or tips you can give would be greatly appreciated.