Friday, April 8, 2011

Transpire

I've not posted in quite some time, but will try to do so more often. Training and racing have been going extremely well--much better than anticipated. With Robert assisting me, my winter training was tougher than it's ever been. The summer training hasn't been fun, but I know I'm in a better place now (physically) than I've ever been. To top that off, I've got a strong team around me. With Johnny Mitchell being a great all rounder setting a great start to the season, it helps to HTFU on the training/racing days when things are super-tough.

With the SC Crit Championships coming up in a few weeks, I'll race hard this weekend in Asheboro & Denton then begin to taper for a strong showing in Charleston.

As for goals, they are still the same. The reality is that through strong sprinting is how I'll get the points to be able to upgrade to Cat2. My fear is that if I upgrade, I still won't have the FTP to be able to content in that category. 1st things 1st though, I'll need to get the points, then worry about racing that category when I get there.

I'm really looking forward to the Velodrome opening up in Charlotte. Also looking forward to getting some time on the track this year before it opens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether good or bad, Thank you for your comment. Any advice or tips you can give would be greatly appreciated.